Friday, June 15, 2012

Learn, Play, Create - Father's Day



I thought I would share a cute Father's Day gift idea here on the blog.  If you are looking for something quick and easy to make, here it is!

MATERIALS
10x20 canvas
acrylic paint
glitter
tree shape
numbers



I purchased a 10x20 canvas at Hobby Lobby for $8.99 and then applied this weeks 40% off coupon...great deal!  I used my Silhouette machine to cut out the tree shape and the 2012 numbers.  I cut the tree out of contact paper (love that stuff) and the numbers from scrapbook paper.  You could also use a tree shape template with decorative scrapbook paper and numbers stickers as well.  Once it was in place on the canvas, I began mixing the paint colors that I wanted to use.  I applied the paint to the tips of my kids fingers with a Qtip and gently pressed them onto the canvas.  After the fingerprints were finished and the paint was still wet, I quickly doused the canvas with glitter.  Voila, you're done!



You could also apply this idea to a card, framed artwork, tile, and much more.

Enjoy your Father's Day weekend with Dad, Grandpa, Uncles and all those other super cool men who have spread a little love into our lives and the lives of our children.


No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds